Weight Loss Tips: Part 1:
1. Pack your lunch versus eating in a restaurant or on the fly for lunch. You could save 600-1500 calories controlling the salt, fats, and condiments in your food.
2. Drink 8 oz. of water 20 minutes before any meal. It helps hydrate your system and fills your stomach.
3. If you crave something crunchy, make crispy Kale chips, homemade popcorn* or pea pods rather than potato chips. *Find my preparation in the recipe section off the homepage of YourCity.MD.
4. Perform weight training 2-5 days per week to manage weight, boost metabolism and elevate bone density.
5. Eat 5-6 small meals (includes snack’s) per day to keep metabolism burning and lose weight.
6. Use a pedometer to monitor your daily steps. Aim to add 1000 steps per day. You’ll find yourself taking the stairs and parking a farther distance in a parking lot.
7. Allow for a ‘cheat’ meal or dessert within your weekly food plan to stop the urge to ‘binge for a weekend’.
8. Work out with friends to blend workout and social times. A brisk walk, a Zumba class or bike riding are better than a 300 calorie designer coffee drink and pound cake for your waistline and your heart!
9. Shrink your dinner plates. Using a large salad plate versus a large dinner plate will make it seem like you’re eating more. The same is true for using smaller forks and spoons. It takes longer to eat a bowl of cereal with a smaller spoon, allowing your stomach an opportunity to feel full. It takes 20 minutes to feel full from food that you’ve eaten.
10. Use salt-free flavorings and spices, as well as flavored vinegars to reduce the use of butter and creamy sauces to give dishes flavor.
Don’t ever underestimate how small changes, when added together can add up to big changes in your fitness and weight loss goals. I will share two more days of these ideas that can make big changes in your results.
Wednesday 06/06/12: Exercise Diary-
Wednesday 06/06/12: Food Diary-
8 oz. non-fat Greek yogurt (130 cal)
1 cup organic egg whites, 1 cup organic spinach, 2 broccoli pieces (140 cal)
2 pieces Ezekiel bread, Butter flavored spray(160 cal)
protein shake, 1/3 cup pasturized egg whites (155 cal)
1 apple (57 cal)
3 oz roasted chicken, spices, no salt (150 cal)
8 oz salad greens- 2 cups organic spinach, 5 asparagus, 1/4 cup green beans, 1/2 red sweet pepper (88 cal)
3 oz. brown rice (105cal)
1 whole grain tortilla, 2 tbls organic mango salsa, 1/4 cup rinsed low-salt, organic black beans ( 277 cal)
glass of Pinot Noir (100 cal)
Pork loin sandwich on whole wheat bun with raw horseradish (240 cal)
I/2 cup red quinoa with thawed adamame, shallots ( cooked quinoa in carrot juice) (110 cal)
1 cup 0 % Greek yogurt with strawberries (127 cal)
1.5 oz dark chocolate (over 70% cocoa)(190 cal)