Weight Loss Tips: Part 3:
Having tips that can help you feel comfortable in your summer clothes can relieve stress and make your bathing-suit season more enjoyable. Here is the rest of my list:
21. Eat 90% of your meals at home or packed from home. You manage the sugar, salt and fat additions, while adding flavor.
22. Try a new vegetable or lean protein that you haven't tried, or thought you didn’t like since childhood. You’re an adult now, maybe your tastes and preparations of that vegetable have evolved; try it again! Brussels sprouts are not the devil. One delicious preparation for them is to shred them and pan cooks them with a tablespoon of garlic, sesame oil, shallots and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
23. Try a glass of non-fat milk with Ovaltine to satisfy a chocolate training and give you a healthy dose of tryptophan and calcium.
24. Drink green tea. I brew a strong cup and let cool. I mix it in a 32 oz. PBA free re-usable bottle, with 1 tsp. of Pure Lemon (an all-natural, lemon or grapefruit drink powder found with drink powders at the grocery). Green tea contains polyphenols and catechines that boost metabolism and fat loss.
25. Don’t crash diet! Or crazy cleanse!! It is not healthy for your body. Change the way that you see food and eat to satisfy and nourish your body.
26. Use a weight scale to establish healthy food portions. 3 oz. of chicken and shrimp are probably not what you thought they might portion out to. Using a scale, if even for a week is very enlightening.
27. Order kid’s meals. Portions are typically more appropriate and now they often come with apple slices and bottled H20 instead of fries and a 32 oz. pop.
28. Try and include concepts from the Mediterranean diet such as small amounts of olive oil, veggies, and legumes.
29. Keep red meat consumption to once or twice a week. Portion control is key. 3-4 oz. is plenty. Most restaurants want to sell you a 12 oz. filet or a ½ pound burger (+ a big white bun).
30. Cut yourself a break. Weight-loss is a process filled with advances, miss-steps and baby-step changes.
When embarking on changing your diet to a healthier attitude, be aware that you may experience digestive issues. Deal with them head on so that you don’t give up before you can see the results from your healthier eating. Use Binno, Tums, or other remedies. Add vegetables slowly into your diet and cook them al-dente at first, versus eating raw till your stomach acclimates.
YOU WILL SEE POSITIVE RESULTS FOR YOUR WEIGHT GOALS IF YOU USE THESE TIPS!
Let me know how it goes! Share these ideas on Facebook and in e-mail to your friends and family.
Friday 06/08/12 Workout Diary-
Bicepts/triceps DVD- 50 min.
stretch tape- 30 min.
Friday 06/08/12- Food Diary:
1/2 cup egg whites, 1/8 cup brocolli, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 tsp. organic chia seeds (70 cal)
1 whole wheat waffle, sliced strawberries, 1 tbls organic almond butter (220 cal)
1 cup pasturized egg whites,1/2 scoop whey protein shake mix (195 cal)
1 cup low sodium black beans (rinsed), 1 whole wheat , low-carb tortilla, 6 asparagus, 5 crunchy pea pods, 1/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt (370 cal)
2 oz water packed tuna (90 cal)
1/3 cup chopped tomatoes (20 cal)
8 oz non-fat cottage cheese, 2 cut prunes on top (140 cal)
salad with vegetables and a grilled chicken breast, blue cheese, oil/vinegar (360 cal)
stuffed potabello mushrooms ( split with someone) (180 cal)
baked gala apple with dollap of 0% Greek Yogurt, sprinkle of cinnamon (190 cal)
TOTAL CALORIES- 1840